Monday, January 21, 2008

Hello to Me!

This blog is only for me, because I will, most likely, be the only one reading it. I don't care, at least I can read the writings of genius.
I would like to talk about reining for a moment. This is the new fad for the hillbilly set, I am beginning to hate reining, I hate the fact that there is no style to it, good idea, bad execution. Just as everyone thinks that their horse is 16HH, everyone thinks they can do reining. I swear to god it is only because they can leave their hillbilly horse's mane long. They are absolutely the worst at AQHA shows, because they aren't at NRHA, so they aren't really any good, half of them have no lead change and the other half just run around the arena and pound thier horses into bumpy, sucky, non sliding stops.

The 6'3" broomstick thin reiners at the local AQHA shows show up with their 14 hand horses, their heels practically dragging in the dirt, run their horses around until they are heaving and then put them away panting and wet tied up with a chain. I hate them.

I have no idea why western riding pattern, trail and horsemanship are fascinating to watch, yet reining makes me want to stab my eyes out with a hoofpick. But there it is.

here is the breakdown:

Western Pleasure: very cool, but I hate the dried up old hunch-back farts that win it all the time, I am jealous, so sue me!

Horsemanship: This is the poor-mans event! I love it, precision, finesse, and no worry about getting seen, LOVE this event! even crappy movers can excel at this event with the right attitude.

Trail: love it, it is the old-bag's event (that's for me!) and has all the fun of the above, but with poles!!!!

Western Riding: See above

English Eq: Also bad-ass, no one does it because there is a chance of no-stirrup work, not for the faint hearted.

Hunter Under Saddle: Fun, you can come off the rail (yay!) and my horse is good at it.

Showmanship: I HATE showmanship, it takes too long, way too long. I can't do it - I run like a hobbit-duck and so I denounce it utterly.

Halter: Ah, the fat-boy's sport. All the fat boys who love horses but are too fat to ride LOVE halter, oh, and it is boring. I have no interest in horses that are only there because their owners dont ride.

Driving: O.k. driving is kind of gay, but I want my horse to do it someday, I can't wait to camp it up with big girly hats and ugly skirts, with a little fey whip.

Reining: pleh.

Cutting: very awesome, don't mind the ugly clothes or tack, for some reason.

There you go, my not so humble opinions.

No comments: